Adobe has just officially released its Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 photo management software.
This was a rather quick release/update, since the beta version of Lightroom 4 had only been available for a few months. With the announcement of Lightroom 4 come very important and exciting news – Adobe decided to permanently lower the price of the Lightroom product line by half, from $299 to $149!
That’s right, if you have never owned Lightroom before, now you can buy it brand spanking new for $149. The upgrade price also got halved. If you already own LR3, then you pay $79 for an upgrade. Now the recent price decrease of Lightroom 3 to $69 makes sense – if you add the $79 upgrade fee, it totals $148, which is what Adobe wants to charge for Lightroom 4.
So, what features are new to Lightroom 4 and should you consider upgrading from Lightroom 3? Let’s take a look at the new features and changes:
- Updated Lightroom storage engine, which makes Lightroom 4 faster
- New Image Process Version 2012 that unlocks new LR4 features (see below)
- Better highlight and shadow recovery
- New White Balance capabilities, including a White Balance brush that allows changing white balance selectively on images with mixed lighting sources
- New editing brushes for noise reduction and moiré removal
- Better GPS integration with maps
- Extended video support, including limited video editing capabilities, playback and video export
- Built-in soft proofing capability (previewing images for print)
- Capability to create Photo Books/Albums
- More online sharing options and integration
- Ability to email photographs directly from Lightroom
- Ability to import and convert LR3 databases
- One click Chromatic Aberration removal
- Ability to burn CD/DVD disks in Lightroom
- Support for Nikon D4, D800, D800E and Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
There are many other new features and changes in Lightroom 4, which I will post in a separate article that compares LR4 and LR3.
See the videos at Lightroom 4 Launch Center.
Lightroom 4 Availability
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 will be available tomorrow, March 6 2012. You can get your copy / upgrade from the below links.
Please Support CreativeMayhem
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. The best way to say “thank you” is by supporting our sponsors by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items. We get a very small portion of the sale to help run the website.
Or simply make a donation below (from the About us page). Whichever way you choose, your support is greatly appreciated!