If the rumours are to be believed, then Nikon is supposed to announce the Nikon D4 in just two days on the 6th January, 2012.
Why the 6th. Well, that’s the week before the combined PMA / CES electronics show. It will be the biggest exhibition of electronics and new gear in the world, so it does make sense in a way.
Still, if it was me, I wouldn’t announce it at this time, but it’s not. Here’s the current pic of what should be an interesting battle with Canon.
Here, there are subtle but important differences. Mainly to do with the addition / movement of buttons for the video functions.
In case you really want to know, here’s the rumoured specifications list.
- 16.2 MP
- 11 fps
- 100-12,800 ISO range, expandable to 50 and 204,800
- CF + XQD memory card slots!
- Compatible with the new Nikon WT-5 wireless transmitter
- Integrated Ethernet in the camera
- Face detection/recognition function that will be working in the viewfinder. This has to do with a possible secondary sensor in the prism.
- 1080p/30/24p/60i video
- Uncompressed video out through the HDMI port
- Ability to assign the two buttons on the front of the camera to smooth aperture control during video recording
- Improved 51 AF points
- Expeed 3 processor
- AF detection range will go down to EV-2.0
- Autofocus system: 9 cross-type sensors that are operational up to f/8
Please Support CreativeMayhem
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. The best way to say “thank you” is by supporting our sponsors by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items. We get a very small portion of the sale to help run the website.
Or simply make a donation below (from the About us page). Whichever way you choose, your support is greatly appreciated!