The Wrap will find you some extra stories related to photography and we’ll hunt down and highlight some of the best deals of the week.
- This week you’ll find you’ll find some great deals on lighting and accessories. Check out the following:
- Westcott Photo Basics uLite Digital Photo Lighting Kit with 2 Constant Output uLites, Softboxes, Stands, Bulbs,Digital Image DVD & Accessories – $179.99
- Nik Silver Efex Pro Complete Control for Professional Quality Black & White, Compatible with Photoshop, Adobe Elements and Apple Aperture,Windows And Mac Compatible – $129.95
- Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite for the Precision Calibration of LCD, CRT, Projector & Notebook Displays – $182.95
- In case you missed it last time, Chase Jarvis has posted his workflow. Chase is a very well known and respected photograper and I would recommend having a look.
- The Zenfolio professional photo hosting promotion is still running until the 18th July 2010. Enter the Code ZEN-10 to recieve 10% off. This is a SUPER special offer so what are you waiting for.
- Worldwide Submission Period Announced For The 33rd Nikon Photo Contest International 2010-2011
- Samyang to offer NX mount lenses
- Sigma will start selling a lens hood for the 50-500mm lens, ’bout time. Check-out all current Sigma interchangeable SLR lenses at dcviews
- Creative Black and White: Digital Photography Tips and Techniques It’s available at the moment for 50% off the normal price. Richly illustrated with the author’s own images, this beautiful guide presents the skills needed for great black-and-white photos while encouraging your confidence and creativity.
- Goes beyond basics to teach photographers how to conquer the challenges posed by black-and-white photography
- Appeals to professionals and serious amateurs who are interested in exploring creative black-and-white imagery
- Presents photography fundamentals and shows how black and white requires some of the rules to be bent
- Lavishly illustrated with Harold Davis’s outstanding monochromatic photo.
- Let’s start with Canon. I didn’t think Canon would make a G12, but there appears to be some life i the G11 still. So, here is the G11 update (G12) apparently scheduled for September like all the others. Back Illuminated Sensor and HD Video. Is anyone surprised?
- The Cano S100. This should be the minor update to the very good S90. As above.
- The Canon SX30 with a take the average performing 20x zoom lens they currently have on the SX20 to 24x zoom. Yippee. I hope they stay with the double AA batteries at least, but news is they are moving to lithium.
- The D10 upgrade I spoke about previously is coming as well. 5x zoom to match the likes of Panasonic and Olympus. The D10 was never a good seller, so we’ll see what they’ll do here. I think it will be more of the same though.
- Nikon apparently has 3 different models of an interchangeable lens camera in testing and evaluation. Not really surprising, but whether it’s true or not is another story. I’m hoping for a 1″ type sensor. This would be ideal, and leave the high image quality stuff to the SLR’s. I want portability damn it!!!!
- Imaging Resources have a review of the Canon T2i/550D . It’s $1049 with a twin kit after $150 instant cash back.
- Slrgear has reviewed the Carl Zeiss 35mm f/2 Distagon
- Samsung NX10 Review at Letsgodigital
- DxO new roadmap for Pentax bodies: http://www.dxo.com/
- Samsung EX1 review at Pcworld.idg.com.au
SUPPORT THIS SITE, check out these related links.
If you’re looking to host your photo’s, check out SmugMug. Click on the link to start a free trial.
[ad#Google Adsense Large Box]