The Wrap – 27 June 2010
The Wrap will find you some extra stories related to photography and we’ll hunt down and highlight some of the best deals of the week.
- The Tamron 18-270mm lens is on special with a$100 mail-in rebate.
- Instant $40 Saving on the Plustek Technology Inc. Instant $40 Saving on the Plustek Technology Inc. OpticFilm 7600i SE Scanner. Hurry offer ends 6/30YouTube, iTunes and more, aim to make everyone a better photographer.
- This week you’ll find you’ll find some great deals on cameras. Check out the following:
- The Olympus EP-2 with a 17mm lens is on special for $999 at Adorama. This is a limited special.
- Chase Jarvis has posted his workflow. Well worth a look.
- SUPER Special offer from Zenfolio professional photo hosting. Click the Zenfolio link and use the Code ZEN-10 to receive 10% off. Valid until 18th Jul 2010.
- Nikon has launched a site with a “Cool Shot Contest” at nikonlive.com. You can read about it here.
- Creative Black and White: Digital Photography Tips and Techniques It’s available at the moment for 50% off the normal price. Richly illustrated with the author’s own images, this beautiful guide presents the skills needed for great black-and-white photos while encouraging your confidence and creativity.
- Goes beyond basics to teach photographers how to conquer the challenges posed by black-and-white photography
- Appeals to professionals and serious amateurs who are interested in exploring creative black-and-white imagery
- Presents photography fundamentals and shows how black and white requires some of the rules to be bent
- Lavishly illustrated with Harold Davis’s outstanding monochromatic photo.
- The Nikkor 28-300mm rumors for the FX cameras has resurfaced here at CreativeMayhem. It’s apparently been seen on the inventory screen at a dealer. It has no price and a ‘TBA’ for the release date. I tried to confirm this at another dealer and they had no info as yet.
- Canon could be releasing a 30mm f1.8 prime, just like Nikons. It’s seems no secret that Canon is aiming at Nikons throat with there releases. This is just another example of this.
- Nikonrumors have been sent a picture of what appears to be (according to them), the 35mm f1.4. If you look at the lens, it’s more likely to be the 85mm f1.4. However, some pundits have dismissed this because they think the 85 WILL have VR. No, the 85mm f1.4 probably won’t have VR but I’d love to be wrong.
- Ricoh Australia will be dropping the price of the GXR and 28-300 mm lens unit from $1449 to about $749. NOW this becomes an interesting camera option. It’s still pricey though. You can pick up the same camera in a CX3 (same lens and same CMOS sensor) for just $499 thought the GXR is a very nice unit.
SUPPORT THIS SITE, check out these related links.
If you’re looking to host your photo’s, check out SmugMug. Click on the link to start aStart your FREE TrialZenfolio link and use the Code ZEN-10 to receive 10% off. Valid until 18th Jul 2010.